Data Privacy Notice
Data Privacy Notice
Medical Missions Ministries International
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”; or Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming).
- Who are we?
Medical Missions Ministries International is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
Medical Missions Ministries International complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To inform you of news, events and activities;
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to ANBI status (“Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling” or “Organisation for Public Benefit”) or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to subscribers (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties outside Medical Missions Ministries International with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data ?
We keep data permanently.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Medical Missions Ministries International holds about you;
- The right to request that Medical Missions Ministries International correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Medical Missions Ministries International to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA, or Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us.
You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority via this address: